- This is a page with basic information about a software. Please see Template for creating software pages for what should be here.
- This page is under construction. More contents should be coming soon.
FARSITE is a wildfire modeling code written by Mark A. Finney at the US Forest Service.
Windows executable, public domain, at firemodels.org. The source code was released into the public domain, but it does not seem to be posted at the moment.
The name FARSITE is a trademark, but it does not seem to be registered with the USPTO.
Custom: .WTR, .WND, .ATM, .LCP
Programming language and environments
C++, MS Windows
- Online documentation is contained in the Windows online help.
- FARSITE technical reference
- Mark A. Finney, FARSITE: Fire Area Simulator-model development and evaluation, Rocky Mountain Research Station Publications, RMRS-RP-4, 1998. Updated 2004.
- http://www.firelab.org US Forest Service Rocky Mountain Research Station (RMRS) Fire Sciences Laboratory
- US Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Electronic Search System